Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Wait For The Next Elevator, Please

I decided to be a good little girlfriend and stop by The Cheesecake Factory after work to pick up a slice for my boyfriend. This was an extremely nice thing for me to do since 1) I was already super tired after a long day of work, 2) The Cheesecake Factory at the Macy’s in Union Square is always crowded and a pain to navigate through and 3) I was going to have to carry the cheesecake on the crowded city bus and try not to have it tip over and ruin its perfect little shape.

Well, as some of you may know, the elevator that leads up to the rooftop restaurant has a strictly enforced rule that no more than 10 people ride the elevator at a time. However, it is my personal opinion that if an elevator rider is the size of two people, then only 9 should ride, and so on. So, once we all boarded and there were 10 people exactly in the elevator, one of whom weighed about 400 pounds, I knew the elevator wouldn’t go far. Sure enough, the door closed and then immediately opened once the floor was selected. At this point, we all made light of the situation -- including the fatty – but the rest of us know he should have been the person to exit. But, no one budged. Everyone stood their ground, praying that the elevator would make it to the 8th floor or that chunky would get out. No such luck. The elevator closed and opened about another 5 times before finally heading up to the restaurant.

Then, once the doors closed and the elevator actually started going up, the fatty says: “now, let’s all jump!” Yes, that’s right. After the elevator, by some miracle of God, finally started to take off without getting stuck, he has the nerve to make a joke and even contemplate jumping! At this point, we all just look at him, shocked… he then just giggles and says “maybe not?”

Maybe I’m being too harsh, who knows. But, all I know is that you should not ride an elevator with 9 other people when you know you count as 2 people. Also, as a side note, if you are that person whose ass is so big that you take up 2 seats on the bus, please do NOT sit by me.

Thanks for reading. Oh, and if you get the chance, check out the cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory. It is delish – way better than I expected. So far my friends and I have deemed the following as the goodies: dulce de leche, red velvet, fresh strawberry, and the 30th anniversary chocolate cheesecake!

No comments:

Post a Comment